Payment is required in full at the time of booking.
The only exception is if you have purchased your course through PayL8r or used PayPal Credit to spread the balance.
Please note we reserve the right to amend course prices or run promotions at any time without prior notice. Once a booking has been made, the price paid is final and no price difference can be refunded in the event of a later course price reduction.
All course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
PayL8r Finance only: Those who book full priced courses only, paid for through PayL8r only; are entitled to exercise their statutory right to cancellation through the ‘cooling off period’. This would need to be received for consideration in writing within 14 days from the date of booking your course and prior to commencement of any part of the course (including accessing online materials). Should you fail to attend a booked training day without notifying us of your cancellation in writing, this will cease your cancellation period. Furthermore, for only online training courses if you have recieved materials or accessed any online documentation, this will also cease your cancellation period. Subject to meeting the above requirements, any agreed refund of fees would be minus our reasonable costs. The ‘Cooling Off’ period also does not apply to any last minute offers or promotional bundles.
PayPal Credit only: Courses purchased using PayPal Credit would not be subject to the ‘Cooling Off’ period as this credit is for an agreed maximum ongoing credit limit and not tied directly to booking for the course(s). If you wish to cancel PayPal Credit, you would need to contact PayPal and clear the credit account balance outstanding with them directly. Any courses cancelled at our discretion, would be applied as a credit on file to rebook or transfer to alternative training only.
In line with new legislation, consumers may wish to visit the following website in the event of any dispute European Online Dispute Resolution.
BTBA is unable to offer refunds for cancellations outside of our control, i.e. adverse weather conditions, terrorist attacks, flooding, industrial action or Visa refusals. We may instead offer an alternative training date. We are also not responsible for any loss of income, accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
Additional Terms relating to Bundles and Promotions
- Discount will be on stated bundle only. Any saving stated refers to the saving made against the full, standard individual course fees for the courses included within that bundle.
- Discounted bundles cannot have any further discount applied.
- Only the person purchasing the bundle must attend and is it non-transferable.
- Courses within the bundle cannot be changed or substituted with any other courses.
- We reserve the right to amend course prices or run promotions at any time without prior notice.
- All courses booked as part of the bundle or promotional deals are non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances. Any reschedules of dates will be at the discretion of BTBA and subject to the rescheduling fee of £25 per training date.
- Dates must be selected at time of booking. Your booking is not confirmed until a member of our team has confirmed you are booked in. All training booked as part of a package must be taken within 6 months of date of booking the package.
Rescheduling Requests and Fees
In the event of a genuine reason for cancellation a request for a transfer will be considered at the discretion of BTBA (subject to availability). If successful, an administration fee of £25.00 per course date will be charged. Non-attendance where no prior notice is given will be handled at the discretion of BTBA and may result in loss of course fees. This is applicable only to courses booked at full price only. Please note you must provide evidence where possible e.g. a valid medical certifiate. You should contact our team at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Training courses are non-transferable to an another person. Please ensure the booking is made giving the correct name of the person attending the course at the time of making payment. Amendments to this will be chargeable at £25 per course date/person and should be done within at least 48 hours prior to the course. Please note we may ask for ID on arrival of your course to confirm your identity.
We accept all students aged 16 years or over for our face to face training courses. For our online courses we can accept training courses of any age, however please note that most insurance companies will only grant insurance for those 16 and above. Certain courses may also be 18 and above. BTBA will not be held responsible if you book a training course and you cannot obtain insurance due to your age.
Please arrive at the training centre for approx 9.45/9.50am for a 10.00am start. We may delay the start time of the class by 5 or 10 minutes maximum and if you are late beyond this time, the class will begin without you. We will not be held liable for any information that you miss due to your own lateness. Should you be extremely late, you may be refused access to your course. In this instance you would have to contact our bookings team on firstname.lastname@example.org in order to reschedule your course. Please note a fee of £25 will apply and it is at our disrection as to whether we will reschedule your course or not.
Furthermore, in the event of you returning to the building late after a lunch break, you may again be refused access to your course and will forfeit the course fees. Our courses run on a set schedule and lateness will disrupt other students and any classes we have scheduled aftwards. You should plan your journey in advanced to ensure you are aware of where to park and how to locate the building prior to your training course. You should also tell your model to ensure they arrive on time as if they are too late you may not be able to complete your course and we will not be held liable for this.
All of our on-site training courses require a model for you to work on. You should locate your own model. If you have difficulty finding a model you must notify us at least 7 days before your course. We may at our discretion agree to change your date subject to a £25 administration fee. We may also be able to assist by attempting to locate you a model subject to a model search charge of £10, however this is not guaranteed and should not be relied upon. We advise that you locate a model prior to booking your training course(s) and we will not take responsibility for you not being able to complete your course due to you not being able to find a model. Should you not notify us within 7 days notice before your course you will forfeit any course fees. Any student that also fails to pay a £25 rescheduling charge will also forfeit their course. You should contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com.
Certificates are issued by email within 7 working days of attending your training course(s). Certificates are provided as a digital PDF certificate to meet the needs of insurance providers & reduce our carbon footprint. Should for any reason you do not receive your digital certificate, you should e-mail us as firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Students wishing to purchase hard copy of their certificate may do so by emailing email@example.com subject to a £25 charge. You should also e-mail us to request any replacement certificates which is also subject to a £25 charge. Please note a printed hard copy is the same PDF certificate printed on plain card. You therefore may wish to simply print the certificate yourself at home saving on time and costs.
Once your payment for a hard copy or replacement certificate has been made, your request will be processed and your certificate(s) sent to you within 7 working days.
Online Courses / Postal Guides
Students who book and online beauty courses will receive their receipt & course content digitally. In some instances we may post a hard copy should the student prefer a physical copy for a £25 fee. By purchasing your online course you confirm acceptance to our terms & conditions which state that this will expire your cooling off period immediately. Once you have the course content, no changes will be possible.
In circumstances where a student would like to transfer an online course to a face to face training course, they will have to pay the difference noted on the website.
Online courses require completion of theory tests and some case studies at home (for which you will need to work on friends/family and have access to basic products at home). You should send all documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once case studies are received, these will be evaluated by our Assessor. You will receive feedback and/or your certificate by email within 10 working days of submission. Our Support Team are on-hand by email to assist you throughout your studies.
During Your Training
Photography / recording of training (both audio or video) is strictly prohibited. This is to protect the privacy of other students, meet Data Protection requirements and avoid disruption to training. Tutors may occasionally take photos of student work during training for marketing/promotional purposes which we will ask if you agree or disagree to prior to starting the class.
All courses are taught only in English. All students are therefore required to have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken. Students must advise of any language issues at the time of booking as we may recommend one to one training as a more suitable training option (for an additional fee). Should a student be unable to demonstrate the required level of English to fully understand the course, they may be refused certification and would unfortunately forfeit any course fees paid. Therefore it is important to discuss this prior to booking.
Students should also make us aware of any medical conditions or special needs which may affect their ability to complete the course. Students must discuss this with us prior to booking so we can determine whether you can complete the course or may instead offer one to one training which may be more suitable (for an additional fee).
Produts & Starter Kits
All equipment and products are provided for you to train with on the day, you do not need to buy a kit prior to your course. However, if you have purchased an online course, you will need products in order to complete your case studies. We recommend purchasing kits directly from us to ensure that you work with correct products. Please note, our stock levels vary from time to time and therfore we cannot always provide a starter kit. Furthermore, the starter kit will contain the minimum basic items you will require however there may be additional items you may look to add once you begin practising to enhance your treatments.
All kit shortages or damages should be reported by email to email@example.com within 48 hours of receipt. You will then be advised of the process to receive any shortages or how to return the kit. Please note kit contents is stated as typical contents but may be subject to change or substitution without prior notice. Returned kits must be sent by recorded post as we will not be held liable should your return go missing in the post. Refunds or replacements will only be issued upon receipt of the returned kit(s) and confirmation of any reported damages / faults.
Following your practical training, you will receive a BTBA Diploma certificiate which will allow you to apply for beauty insurance to allow you to begin working on members of the public. This will allow you to begin working on a self-employed basis (mobile) and to take payments should you wish. There are many insurance providers out there however you must check with an insurer prior to booking your course that they will accept our accredited diploma and will grant you insurance. Each insurance company have different requirements and therefore it is vital that you discuss with your chosen insurance company prior to booking your course. BTBA cannot accept responsibility for issues resulting with insurance companies where students fail to check this prior to booking and therefore no refunds will be given. We highly recommend Insync Insurance – we are one of their platinum partners and they accept most of our training courses. You an get a direct quote from by clicking here.
If you are working as self-employed, you must also ensure you register with HMRC regarding any tax/national insurance applicable to any income earned on this basis. If you intending to run a business from within your home, you must check your mortgage / deeds / tenancy to ensure there are no clauses stopping you from doing so. You may also need to enquire with your local council if seeking to change use of an area of your home or to open business premises to check their requirements and if any special treatments local authority licensing is applicable. We recommend checking these factors prior to booking to enable you to make suitable plans for your new career and will not be held responsible if students do not check prior to booking. If you are unsure, you may also give us a call or e-mail prior to booking so we can better advise you.
We are keen to ensure all students enjoy their training course. However, should you have any concerns please firstly raise any difficulties or concerns with the tutor on the training day(s) as most issues can quickly be rectified at the time. However, in the unlikely event your training course does not meet your expectations and you feel unable to raise this with the tutor on the training day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your feedback or complaint. This email must be received in writing within 5 days of your training course. We take all feedback and complaints very seriously and this will be investigated as required. You will receive a response in writing within 10 working days to allow us time to thoroughly investigate the complaint. Please note: abusive and threatening e-ails will not be tolerated. We will always aim to respond in a professional manner however should any excessive abuse occur we reserve the right to no longer respond and will instead work with any legal team instructed to act on your behalf.
Code of Conduct
To ensure all learners are given the best opportunity to learn, we would students to follow the below:
- Punctuality is essential with all learners to arrive for 9.45/9:50am for a 10.00am start. Lateness is very disruptive for other students and may mean you miss important aspects of the training. We may refuse entry and you will be charged a transfer fee to change the date, at our discretion.
- Learners should wear suitable clothing and footwear. This could include e.g. a beauty tunic or generally smart clothes. Flat shoes are a must. For health and safety you may be required to remove jewellery.
- You should plan your journey in advanced to ensure you are aware of where to park and how to locate the building prior to your training course.
- Please make the tutor aware of any medical conditions or learning difficulties which may impact your learning (these should previously have been discussed at the time of booking). This can be discussed with the tutor upon arrival at the centre in confidence further.
- We can accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of personal property. Therefore we encourage students to leave all unnecessary valuables at home & remain vigilant to their belongings during training. Any property left behind will be held for 7 days, following which it will be disposed as appropriate. Students are responsible for collection of lost items from site by appointment. We cannot post or deliver any lost property.
- Products / tools provided at the training centre remain the property of BTBA and should not be taken from the training centre at any time. Such will be treated as theft and reported to the authorities. Please work with the tools / products taking care to avoid causing deliberate damage or loss. Students may be held responsible for the cost of such loss / damage.
- Use of mobile phones is not allowed during training.
- No smoking or use of e-cigarettes/vaporisers within the building.
- Students must not consume or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Verbal, physical or written abuse will not be tolerated at any time and will result an immediate verbal warning from the tutor. Should the conduct continue, you will be asked to leave the training immediately. You will not receive your certificate and will forfeit all course fees paid.
- Photographic ID must be shown to the tutor at the start of the day, if requested. Entry may be refused without this.
- Students must not take any photographs or make any recordings (audio or video) of any kind while in attendance of training, This is to meet Data Protection legislation, to protect the privacy of our students and avoid disruption to training. Photos may occasionally be taken by tutors if you agree to this.